Finding a job as an international student in the U.S. can be challenging. Without adequate preparation, qualified international students can lose employment opportunities and potential visa sponsorship. This guide covers 10 common mistakes that international students make during the job search process and practical tips to avoid them so that you can set yourself up for success.
Some of the common mistakes international students make include:
- Not utilizing Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- Not utilizing Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- Not having a back-up employment option in place
- Not utilizing the campus career services resources and alumni connections efficiently
- Not looking beyond on-campus job boards
Read the full guide to see the complete list of common mistakes international students make, and get tips and resources on how to improve your job search strategy in the U.S.Download