Last updated: March 15, 2023
Table of Contents
This page is used to inform mobile app users and website visitors regarding Interstride LLC’s (“Interstride”) policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information in connection with use of the Interstride mobile application or website (the “Service”). Through your interaction with and use of the Service, Interstride may collect Personal Information, which is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual.
Information Collection and Use
The Service does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you.
Links to privacy policies of third-party service providers used by the Service include but are not limited to:
- U.S. Department of Labor
Personal and Other information
Through your interaction with and use of the Service, Interstride may collect Personal Information, including, but not limited to:
- Your name and physical address, email addresses, and telephone numbers
- Behavioral or demographic attributes, when tied to personal identifiers
- Information regarding your interests, job search inquiries and networking
Interstride may also collect Other Information through your interaction with and use of the Service and non-Interstride websites, which does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual. Other Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Unique IDs such as a cookie placed on your computer, mobile or device IDs
- Internet Protocol address (“IP address”) and information derived from your IP address such as your geographic location
- Behavioral data about your usage of the Service, such as modules accessed, webpages clicked, websites and content areas visited, date and time of activities
Interstride uses and shares the Personal Information and Other Information it collects (unless otherwise restricted by applicable law), to:
- Engage in Transactions. Interstride may use Personal Information to engage in transactions with you.
- Engage with your University. Interstride may use Personal Information and Other Information to provide insight and statistics to your institution.
- Provide Support or Other Services. Interstride may use your Personal Information to provide you support, and other similar operational communications and in helping identify potential employment opportunities for you.
- Tailor Marketing to Your Needs. Interstride may use your Personal Information and Other Information to notify you about new application releases and service developments.
- Support Student Online Community. Interstride permits you to participate in interactive discussions; post comments, opportunities or other content; communicate directly with another users; or otherwise engage in networking activities. Some of these services are moderated and all may be accessed for technical reasons. Interstride does not control the content that users post to this forum. You should carefully consider whether you wish to submit Personal Information to these forums.
- Select Content, Improve Quality and Facilitate Use of the Service. Interstride may use your Personal Information to help create and personalize content on our Service, facilitate your use of the Service, evaluate and improve our Service.
Interstride will only share your personal information under the following circumstances:
- With your consent. For example, you may choose to make your profile available to employers through the Service. You may choose to apply to a job and share your profile information, resume and transcript with employers. You may choose to make your profile available to students at your institution or with students outside your institution.
- With your institution — Your institution administrators, faculty, staff, students, and alumni will be able to access and view personal data uploaded by you.
- With Vendors. Vendors that are contractually engaged by Interstride to provide services. These companies must comply with confidentiality and non-disclosure obligations with regards to any Personal Information.
- With Law Enforcement. Interstride may disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (e) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- With Professional Services. In the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer the Personal Information we have collected to the relevant third party.
We may use, transfer, and disclose Other Information we collect for any purpose, except where applicable law requires otherwise. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we will only use it in the same way that we are permitted to use and disclose Personal Information.
Retention and Deletion
Interstride will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active with the Service; as needed to provide you Service: or as needed for the purposes outlined in this Policy.
FERPA – Family Rights and Privacy Act
Interstride supports FERPA guidelines on data ownership and allows students the following rights regarding their educational records as long as your account is active with the Service:
- The right to access the student’s educational records to the extent any are stored on the Service.
- The right to demand the student’s educational records be disclosed only with student consent.
- The right to amend/modify the student’s educational records and Personal Information, and deactivate their account.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the Service we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the application when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Do Not Track Requests
We do not respond to the browser “Do Not Track” (DNT) signal if enabled by the user in their web browser or mobile application. When we set or read cookies on non-Interstride services that have been integrated into our Service and display features, we do so, for example, to provide a personalized search experience to users on our mobile application. We do not share any information about your use of Interstride with those third parties. When third parties that we have integrated into Interstride sites set or read their own third-party cookies, they may or may not respond to the DNT signal.
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to take necessary actions.
Acquisitions and Other Reorganizations
Data deletion request
For any requests related to data deletion or removal of personal information, please send us your request by emailing us at email@example.com. We will remove your personal information from our systems at our earliest convenience.
Address: 5127 Meadow Creek Dr. Austin, TX 78745
Interstride’s use and transfer of information received from Google APIs to any other app will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.